Some of the services we provide include but are
not limited to:
- Bathing & toileting
- Meal preparation
- Diet monitoring
- Light housekeeping
- Errands & shopping
- Companionship & support
- Dressing & grooming
- Laundry services
- Medication supervision
- Transferring & ambulating
Request a FREE Needs Assessment
Director of Nursing Job Description
Hiring Location: Cherry Hill, New Jersey
The Director of Nursing provides the clinical
oversight of Life Force's Personal Care Services and Homemaker-Home Health Aide
training program. This position also includes case monitoring for patients and
providing supervision for homemaker-home health aides, as indicated by Agency
policies, State and Federal laws/regulations.
In-home, admission visits and eligibility determinations are part of the
RN' duties, as is the development of the Plan of Care.
- Is a graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, and
currently holds a valid license in good standing as a registered nurse issued
by the New Jersey Board of Nursing.
- Has a minimum of three years of professional experience as a registered
nurse, preferably with community health and/or home health experience.
- Possesses and maintains good physical stamina and mental health and can
present a pre-employment health clearance.
- Must be a licensed driver with at least one year clean driving record.
- Has a vehicle that is insured in accordance with state and/or Agency
requirements and is in good working order.
- Has excellent writing and charting skills.
excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Can pass a background check and drug screen.
- Projects a professional
attitude toward self, patients, and other staff members.
- Ensures that all field staff
providing care in a patient's home meet the Agency's health requirements.
- Conducts orientation for
homemaker-home health aides and nursing supervisors to the Agency.
- Ensures that homemaker-home
health aides are clinically competent to provide the care appropriate to the
job description and needs of the patient.
- Oversee and conduct
homemaker-home health aides in-service programs relevant to personal care
services and the patients served.
- Oversee and conduct Life
Force's Homemaker-Home Health Aide training program in compliance with the New
Jersey Board of Nursing regulations.
- Assist with conducting the
nursing supervisor and homemaker-home health aide's performance evaluations.
- Ensures that any patient admitted can be serviced appropriately by Life
Force, in accordance with the Agency's Admission policy.
- Performs a nursing assessment of the patient to establish a baseline of
the patient's physical and functional status.
- Develops an individualized Plan of Care based on a nursing assessment of
the patient receiving services, in accordance with Agency policy.
- Evaluates the assigned patients on a regular basis to ensure that the
care plan remains consistent with the needs of the patient.
- Performs a nursing reassessment of the patient's physical and functional
status on a regular basis.
- Maintains all clinical record
for each patient receiving care compliant to Agency policy and procedures.
- Orients homemaker-home health
aide to patient at the time of assignment.
- Directly observes and supervises the clinical performance of the
homemaker-home health aide in the patient's home on a regular basis.
- Prepares written instructions
for the Homemaker-Home Health Aide.
- Instructs Homemaker-Home Health
Aides in the proper use of practices, procedures and equipment.
- Participates in in-service
training programs and staff meetings.
- Makes referrals to other agencies
or services as needed.
- Serve as liaisons between patients and other health care professionals.
- Teaches, counsels, and demonstrates skills to patients and their
families as needed.
- Counsels the patient and
his/her family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Submits documentation, as per
- Assumes on-call
responsibilities during non-office hours and shall be available for in-home
visits, as well as telephone consultation.
- Complies with Homecare Agency
- Complies with Homecare Agency's
Infection Control Policies.
- Complies with Homecare Agency's
- Complies with the Homecare
Agency dress code.
- Complies with all state and
local regulations and accreditation standards.
- Follows Agency public relation
policies regarding outside speaking and professional affiliations, and clears
all related requests with Agency Administrator.
- Assumes other duties, as requested by the Agency Administrator or
Required Working Knowledge:
- Home Health Care standards and
- Medical issues and nursing
- Professional standards and
- Other health care disciplines
and their role in patient and family care.
- Home safety for situations,
including physical and psychological dangers, for self, patients, and other
- Case Management practices.
- Clerical procedures such as
maintaining records and completing forms.
- Adheres to practice standards,
as they apply to patient care.
- Establishes and maintains
harmonious relations with patients/families/co-workers.
- Makes initial nursing
- Assesses both physical and
psychological needs of patients and applies the appropriate nursing
- Initiates, coordinates &
revises Plan of Care.
- Evaluates patients' needs
- Observes and recognizes changes
- Gives considerations to
patient's past experiences, finances and other resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of
information relating to patient.
- Copes effectively with
patients, families and all others with varying backgrounds, socioeconomic
conditions, and value judgments.
- Applies well-developed
- Observes accurately and make
- Honors the wishes of patients.
- Works with a team and is a good
- Can supervise others.
- Displays emotional stability
and has a sympathetic disposition.
- Maintains objectivity in coping
with the stress of working with acute, chronic and terminally ill patients.
- Uses cognizant approaches to
problem solving in delivering patient care.
- Possesses ingenuity to handle
medical and situational emergencies.
- Works alone without usual
support systems immediately available.
- Deals with abrupt schedule
- Participates in the quality
assurance/quality improvement process.
- Prepares accurate, timely and
orderly reports & documentation.
- Complies with accepted
professional standards and principles.
- Uses excellent observation,
good clinical judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Is self-directed with the
ability to work with little supervision; has good organizational skills.
- Is flexible and cooperative in
fulfilling role obligation.
Physical & Mental Demands:
Must be able to complete all physical & mental demands of the job, which may include, but not be limited to the ability to:
- lift and transfer patients and
- stand, walk, use hands and
fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear & see;
- read normal typewritten print;
- have corrected vision and
hearing within normal range;
- have manual dexterity with
normal range of motion of all extremities;
- has the mental fortitude and
stability to handle stress;
- is physically and mentally able
to drive a vehicle.